Steamed Mussels With Ginger And Scallions
Print Steamed Mussels With Ginger and Scallions Recipe
- 2 pounds American Mussel Harvesters Big Ones or Whitewater mussels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ½ cup Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced or chopped
1. Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat until a bead of water sizzles and evaporates contact. Add the oil and swirl to coat the base. Add the ginger and shallots and stir-fry until aromatic, about 30 to 40 seconds. Add the rice wine and fish sauce. Carefully add the mussels and cover with a lid. Allow the mussels to steam for 5 minutes, then uncover. Stir in the white pepper.
2. Discard any mussels that have not opened, then transfer to a serving dish along with the broth remaining in the pan. Sprinkle the scallions on top and serve.